PIZZA HUT® - BOOK IT! ® PROGRAM READ YOUR HEART OUT® PRINCIPAL CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. Eligibility: The Pizza Hut, Inc. (“PHI” or “Sponsor”) Read Your Heart Out Principal Challenge (“Sweepstakes”) is open to principals or equivalent positioned school representatives that are legal U.S. citizens at least 18 years of age as of November 12, 2012, residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia at the time of entry (a) who have completed and submitted the Sweepstakes entry form (“Entry Form”) and (b) who have posted “I Read My Heart Out Today for BOOK IT! at _____Elementary in _____(City), _____(State)!” on the BOOK IT! Facebook page by November 17, 2012 (“Entrant). Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:01 a.m. C.T. on November 12, 2012 and ends at 12:01:01 a.m. C.T. on November 17, 2012.
3. How to Enter: If Entrant meets the above eligibility requirements, Entrant should complete and submit the entry form located at http://www.formstack.com/forms/bookitprogram-principalchallenge. Only principals of elementary schools or equivalent positioned school representatives that comply with non-profit 501(c)3 requirements may be eligible for winning. Upon entry submission, Entrant will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person / e-mail address (more than one entry from any person or e-mail address will be void).
4. Winner Selection: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all the eligible entries on November 20, 2012. One Entrant selected by random drawing shall be considered the “Winner.” Total value of prize is One Thousand Four Hundred Nine U.S. Dollars ($1,409.00). The potential Winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, as described in Section 6. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential Winner will be notified by phone and/or email. Sponsor will send the Prize directly to the Winner by December 3, 2012. Entrant/Winner will not receive the Prize, and shall have no rights thereto. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential Winner, or such Winner declines the Prize, an alternate eligible winner will be selected based on the next highest number of eligible entries received for the Prize and the above notification process will be followed to notify the alternate winner of the Prize. If a winner cannot be found for the Prize after three attempts, Sponsor will have the right not to award such Prize.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): One hundred one (101) copies of Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel books (ARV: $13.95 each) (“Prize(s)”). Total value of all prizes: $1408.95. The Prize is only to be used for the elementary school at which the Winner is the principal. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event that the original prize is not available. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for delivery of prizes; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winner.
6. Evidence of Eligibility and Releases: Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of notification, failing which the potential Winner will be disqualified and another Winner will be selected in the place of the disqualified entrant. If any Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential Winner will be disqualified and the qualified Entrant will be selected in a random drawing. In consideration of being declared the Winner, the Winner must agree and consent to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, have the right to use Winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further authorization, consideration or remuneration of any kind, unless prohibited by law. ENTRANT AGREES THAT PIZZA HUT, INC., ITS PARENT SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, FRANCHISEES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE BY WINNER, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
7. Disputes; Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Dallas County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
9. Miscellaneous: By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or the promotion itself. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the Entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PIZZA HUT, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winner List: Send a self-addressed stamped request / envelope to BOOK IT! Program – Read Your Heart Out Principal Challenge, 9920 E. Harry St., Ste 114, Wichita Kansas 67207. Winner List requests must be received by December 31, 2012. 11. Sponsor: Pizza Hut, Inc., 7100 Corporate Drive, Plano, Texas 75024. Facebook is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.