Camping Week 1
Camp BOOK IT!
Summer is a great time to explore the outdoors and go camping. Use these books to get ready for a night under the stars.
Follow Dot on her quest to get her scavenger hunt badge in Leaf it to Dot.
Brush up on your camping skills with The Young Adventurer’s Guide to (Almost) Everything.
Older readers will enjoy To Night Owl from Dogfish, a story of friendship, family and fun, told through letters.
After you are done with these books, pick a few of these activities to get yourself ready for your next outdoor adventure!
- Grab your backpack and gather the 10 essentials for the great outdoors described in The Young Adventurer’s Guide to (Almost) Everything.
- Talk a walk around your backyard or neighborhood and evaluate what would make a good site to pitch your tent. Next time you are out camping you will easily find the perfect spot.
- Knot tying skills go way beyond just tying your shoes! Learn and practice some basic knot-tying skills to prepare for your next adventure.
- Find an adult and build the perfect campfire. Plan out your location, safety precautions and campfire materials you will need to get started.
- Try out our Summer Scavenger Hunt!