ABOUT THIS POLICY
This policy describes our privacy practices for the Pizza Hut BookIt! Program (“Program”) websites and mobile applications (collectively, "Sites") where it is posted.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Contact Information: We may collect your name, full address, school details, your phone number or email address.
Payment Information: We may collect your payment information when you make a purchase.
Program Information: We may collect other information needed for your involvement in the program such as, dashboard password, with parental consent, the student first name and age, reading goals and if they are meet their reading goals.
Other Information: We may collect your IP address, device identifiers, frequency in using the Site, user browsing behavior through browser cookies, beacons and similar technologies, and with your consent, location through your browser or mobile device. For more details about browser cookies, beacons and similar technologies, please read our Cookie and Ads policy.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information directly from you.For example, when you register on our Site and participate in the Program. We also collect information if you leave comments, make contact requests or fill out a survey.
We collect information from you passively. If you use our Site and permit the use of our location based service, for example, then we will collect your location. We also use common tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information passively through our Site. Please see Your Choices below and our Cookies and Ads policy for further details.
We collect information from third parties. For example, we may get information about you from our franchisees, or with your permission, from social media companies you have an account with. This information may be combined with information we already have or have collected offline.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- To respond to your requests or inquiries. We may use your information to fulfill orders or requests. We may also use your information to implement social networking features you have activated.
- To improve our Program and for related business purposes. We may use your information to understand our visitors and participants and to remember you on our Site. This includes looking at Site usage trends. We may also use your information to make Site and Program improvements and to customize your experience with us. We may do these activities using the tracking tools described in this policy and our Cookies and Ads policy.
- To promote the Program. Unless we tell you otherwise, we may send you communications about special events or promotions, and serve you ads about offers or solicitations. We may also notify you about new Site features or Program offerings. To manage your communications, follow the instructions in Your Choices, below.
- To communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may use your information to notify you about changes to this policy or our Site terms, to let you know about issues relating to the Program or your relationship with us.
- To help us secure our Site. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, participants in the Program and our Site.
We may share your information as follows:
- With other Yum! Brands, Inc. companies and brands. We may share your information with our other companies and brands including KFC and Taco Bell to improve products and services and for related business purposes, and to send you special promotions, offers or solicitations. See Your Choices below for options you may have.
- If we think we have to in order to comply with the law or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, we may disclose information to respond to a court order, subpoena or government agency or investigatory body requests. We may also share information in order to defend the interests, rights and/or property of Yum! Brands, Inc. companies and brands or others, or to respond to emergencies. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion. Or we may share your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest where required or permitted by law.
- In the event all or part of Pizza Hut transfers ownership. For example, if there is a merger, acquisition or similar event, we may share information with the new owner. We may also sell off all or part of our participant lists as part of an asset sale.
- With our vendors. For example, we may share information with companies that help us manage the Program and services, including website hosting and order fulfillment. We may also share pseudonymous information, such as "hashes" of email address for marketing purposes and analytics.
- With our business partners. We may share your information with our third-party marketing partners to allow them to send you notices of special promotions, offers or solicitations. See Your Choices below for options you may have.
You have the following choices regarding the use and disclosure of your information:
- Email from Us. To stop receiving our emails, you can follow the instructions in any individual email you receive.
- Sharing with Third Parties. To opt-out of us sharing your information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, please click here or the Do Not Sell My Info link on the bottom of the page. Your opt-out will be effective until you revoke it. Your opt-out will only affect the future sharing of information and will not be retroactive.
- Browser Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies. Please read our Cookies and Ads policy for more about the choices you have. If you turn off cookies or tracking tools parts of our website and services may also not function properly.
- Location Information. Please select the browser settings or phone settings on your mobile device to enable/disable use of your location to provide location based services.
You can choose whether or not to disclose certain personal information. Some parts of our Sites and some services may be more difficult or impossible to use, though, if you choose not to share certain personal information.
Visit our Contact page or call us at 972-338-7700, or write to us at the following address:
Pizza Hut, LLC.
7100 Corporate Drive
Plano, Texas 75024
OUR SITE AND CHILDREN
Our Site is a general audience Site not targeted for use by children under the age of 13. Any information provided about a child under the age of 13 requires explicit parental consent prior to collection and used exclusively for the Program. If you would like to know more about our Program and our compliance with the Children Online Privacy Protection Act, please contact us or call us at 972-338-7700 and ask for our Legal Department. Please include Pizza Hut – Legal Department "COPPA - Information Request" in the body of your request.
We use industry standard measures to protect personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be completely secure. We recommend you use caution when using the Internet or mobile devices.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site may contain links to other websites that Pizza Hut may not own or operate. We cannot control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This policy only applies to the information collected on this Site.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user on our Site, you can review, correct and update your account including your personal information. Log on to our Site and click on "My Account" to make changes. To deactivate your account contact us.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures about our data privacy practices depending on your state or country of residence. Please review this section to understand how our practices or policies may differ in your jurisdiction:
• California: If you are a California resident, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
• Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To exercise your right to opt-out of sales subject to the Nevada Revised Statues please submit your request by clicking here: Do Not Sell My Info.
• Canada: If you are a Canadian resident, please click here for additional information about our data privacy practices.
• Europe: Where we have an establishment in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or we are processing personal data relating to individuals located in the EEA, please click here for additional information about our data privacy practices.
This policy was updated on June 16th, 2020. From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to this policy as required by law. In accordance with applicable law, changes to our policy will be applied to information we already maintain.